Norton Anti Virus Error Message

Gorillaz 07:44 28 Jul 05

I keep getting an error message stating that my NAV definitions are out of date. I have ran live update several times but still get the same error message. In the notification area in the system tray and in the Windows security centre I get the error message that NAV reports it might be out of date. My subscription renewal is due on the 04/04/06. Any ideas?

uisquebeathus 13:04 28 Jul 05

Open Norton and on the top row you should see the Help click this and the dates for the activation start and finish should show. if this is wrong you can have a good time getting that through to Symantec who are almost as bad as Microsoft an believing ther customers.
Uninstall it then go into the registry and search for any reference to "Symantec" then "Norton" "NDDS" "NDS" and remove go into your Documents and Settings/All users/Application data/ remove any Symantec or Norton folders.Then Documents and Settings/any named person/Application data/ remove any Symantec or Norton folders.
Then reinstall and start it up again,
there are a two or three removal tools on the symantec web site as well to try

Gorillaz 13:19 28 Jul 05

Thanks uisquebeathus I had already tried the Symantec website, it was a waste of time. You just end up going round in a loop. I thought I would end up have to uninstall so I will do it this evening.

961 13:31 28 Jul 05

Yes

Download (free) Avast and then ditch Norton

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…