Norton Anti-Virus, doesn't update

Jonah1000 21:39 27 Jun 05

I have Norton Anti Virus 2002, but my Virus Definitions, does not have a date but an 'error', it also won't update,I am fully subscribed

What can i do?

VoG II 21:42 27 Jun 05

Do you get an error number?

Jonah1000 21:46 27 Jun 05

no....just on the main page, i get, virus definition - Error

mec13 21:48 27 Jun 05

click here

have a look! its how I cured my simular problem.

Jonah1000 21:55 27 Jun 05

Hi mec13, could you give a little more help with that? ie More step by step

sattman 22:47 27 Jun 05

Go to the Symantec site and do a definitions update, usually this will kick start it into action. Also make sure that your computer time and date is set correctly

mec13 20:11 28 Jun 05

Jonah1000, your asking me something I cured by sheer luck. My computer knowledge is nothing to shout about, but as sattman say's the Symantec site is where to look, because thats where I got my information from. Basicly what happened to me was my norton update couldn't find my server, because my old program was still there, and had to be removed via the 'add/remove program. You need to show all hidden files via the folder options in the control panel(norton hide some files for some reason). I must admit to uninstalling my norton antivirus program was a bit 'nervy'. Following their step by step instruction(which I printed of)installed the live update, reinstalled norton, then ran live up-date, and everything was ok, phew!
ps if I knew how to do a 'click here' thing, this step by step instructions I have, I would copy and put onto this forum

see if this works click here it should take you to symantec site where a 'subscription troubleshooter' link is given, good luck!

sattman 21:10 28 Jun 05

Or
click here and go to virus definitions

Jonah1000 18:20 29 Jun 05

Thanks, I have now changed to a new antivirus software

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…