Norton Anti-virus does not scan when asked to

awest3 19:36 04 Apr 05

When I go into NAV and click on scan..it goes into egg timer (couple of seconds) and then nothing. I have a new PC running XP SP2, I have all the updates on..I'm sure it worked originally...I have a scan from 12/3/05...
Have I switched something off somwhere.... I cant see that I have, I've checked the usual places. I had a lot of trouble getting it to work with MS Office 2003..had to install Office first then NAV....but it seemed ok after.

Is CCleaner doing anything it should not..?

stalion 19:38 04 Apr 05

have you tried a system restore to a date before the problem started?

awest3 22:18 04 Apr 05

Hi, no Ive not tried a restore..I'll give it a go

Thanks

awest3 22:18 04 Apr 05

Hi, no Ive not tried a restore..I'll give it a go

Thanks

awest3 21:53 12 Apr 05

Strange...I've just loaded the latest liveupdate and the scan function now works....!

Would be nice to understand why though.

Awest3

awest3 17:10 17 Apr 05

Stranger and stranger...its stopped working again..

but...if I logon with another id ...it works....this has got to be CCleaner...the id it works on does not have CCleaner...

dogbreath1 17:21 17 Apr 05

The fact that CCleaner doesn't seem to get on with your NAV is somewhat poetic and provides a classic example of how to appropriately name an effective cleaning program.;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…