Norton Anti Virus can't get auto protect to enable

Simmpy 14:06 28 Apr 05

I cannot get auto protect to enable, despite setting it to do so. Even if I enable it in options it fails to stay enabled?

Simmpy

gudgulf 15:11 28 Apr 05

Try running the auto update...Norton seems to have a habit of updates upsetting it and then sorting itself out with another update.Also try the automated support assistant click here (use internet explorer as it needs DirectX) which will scan your product for any issues.

pat-212841 15:11 28 Apr 05

Thats why i uninstalled Norton and got Zonealarm and Avg ,i was always having trouble with Norton and when you dont have the disc its a big problem !

gudgulf 15:28 28 Apr 05

I uninstalled NIS2005 and use AntiVir/Macafee free firewall now.Norton caused problems with a number of things for me with the latest version......no problems when I ran the 2003 and 2004 versions.After having to reinstall it for the fifth time this year.......it's gone for good.Nevertheless lots of people have it and like it so I think we should try to help them (as well as lecture them on the merits or not of Norton,lol).

JoeC 16:04 28 Apr 05

click here

It happened to me once - uninstall / reinstall was the answer. : }

petecock 16:35 28 Apr 05

i have this problem to since weve gone to broadband.nav2003 try this norton icon in taskbar right click select configure anti virus, check the box saying load auto protect with windows start up. you still get the warning but it disappears after after a few secs and your still enabled

Hedders83 20:32 24 Jul 05

Have you got any creative programs running, if so you should diable them on startup, there is a conflict between creative mediasource go and NAV. Try click here they have a good database.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…