norton anti virus

chrissy1 00:27 09 Nov 06
Answered

i have norton antivirus plus webroot spysweeper and window washer....run spysweeper,takes around half hour,then when i run full system scan with norton it takes up to 2 hours to complete,why? do i need to disable spysweeper before running norton full scan first?

chocolate cake 00:51 09 Nov 06

I've no experience or direct knowledge of any of your systems but from a previous thread I know that NAV2007 has compatability issues with Zone Alarm Free and Pro and Spybot S&D click here. This may also be affecting your systems.

the only thing I can suggest is to check Symantec's web page and check out the compalability and if this doesn't give you the answer contacting them direct. click here

chrissy1 01:00 09 Nov 06

thanks chocolate cake..havent got any probs at moment tho..just wondered why it took so long..no prob on quick scan..mite try disabling spysweeper while norton full scan running then put it back on...both doing good job at moment tho.

wishtobwireless 17:41 09 Nov 06

When I bought my laptop the salesman sold me Norton antivirus. Quite frankly I just got cheesed off with all the messages reminding me, telling me ' do I wish to continue', etc. In the end I uninstalled it and loaded AVG, Spywareblaster, Adaware & Spybot S&D and have not had the same problems since. I must say it took me a couple of months to give in (because I had paid for it) but I have had no problems and the above programs I can understand as a'simpleton'...

chrissy1 20:52 09 Nov 06
Answer

thanks wireless...gonna download norton 2007..see if it makes any difference...free through bt..let you know how i get on.

Probabilitydrive 22:49 09 Nov 06

chrissy1

Norton 2007 is a pretty heavy hitter, by that I mean, I uses up a lot of resources, but it works well and is effective no doubt, but if you wanna use it with other anti-spyware application, be aware that Norton may have compatibility issues (identify them as spyware/malware!!)

Spybot Search and Destroy (the widly used freeware Antispy programme) has indeed compatibility issues with Norton 2007 click here

Probabilitydrive 22:51 09 Nov 06

OOps, this is the original link I intended to use...click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5