norton anti virus

werzal 20:53 11 Oct 06

hello

i have ticked had norton installed for a while now but recently i decided to higher the protection on it as its set at medium i set it to high now i cant do anything like be redirected and it keeps giving me pop ups. i have tried to change back what i have done but to no avail. is there anyway i can uninstall then re install using my key code or wont that work as it has been registered or is there a major reset to default settings button?

Jackcoms 20:54 11 Oct 06

What about System Restore to a time before you made the changes to Norton?

handy4x 20:57 11 Oct 06

norton will usualy reinstall 5 times then you have to phone up to reactivate it so shouldnt be a problem

werzal 20:59 11 Oct 06

i havent done a system backup for a while so i would loose too much so not really the best option

werzal 21:01 11 Oct 06

i have just been to the norton website b4 they give u their phone number u have to fill in a form i then got the phone number but its wrong. i dont suppose u have the number cause i cant find it?

Legolas 21:02 11 Oct 06

If you can do without Norton altogether and use free stuff you would see a increase in the performance in your system. I used to use Norton and I was surprised at how much my system speeded up when I uninstalled it. It is a notorious hogger of system resources. To answer you original question you can uninstall and reinstall and use the code and all should be well.

Jackcoms 21:03 11 Oct 06

"i havent done a system backup for a while so i would loose too much"

??????

You won't lose anything by doing a system restore.

System Restore does NOT have any effect on your Word or Excel documents or e-mails, etc.

It only restores the computer's operating system/files to an earlier time.

werzal 21:05 11 Oct 06

sorry was getting confused my husband has not set a restore point (idiot) and he says hes the brains typical men!! so i still cant do that then

Jackcoms 21:08 11 Oct 06

"my husband has not set a restore point"

He doesn't have to set a restore point, Windows does it automatically.

Unless System Restore is disabled - which is not a wise option. :-((

werzal 21:08 11 Oct 06

i mite just use freebies when this one runs out but we've paid for it now so may aswell use it. i will try uninstalling then installing and fingers crossed! any ideas on any good freebies or sites? just incase this doesnt work i i get that annoyed with it i just bin it

Jackcoms 21:13 11 Oct 06

I use this (having dumped Norton about a year ago). Excellent. click here

Or click here

Both are regularly recommended in this Forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac