norton anti-virus

sgetty 14:57 17 Sep 05

i dont have the disc, but i do have norton pro 2003. i just bought nort 2005, can i install this now?

VoG II 15:10 17 Sep 05

You should remove Norton 2003 via Control Panel, Add or Remove programs then install Norton 2005.

sgetty 15:25 17 Sep 05

i cant, it says fatal error during installation

Ancient Learner 16:20 17 Sep 05

You need to visit Norton's web site and download 'NAV remover for 2003 RNAV 2003.

What is happening to you is a very common problem and this is Norton's cure. Norton is at click here

The page you need appears to be here ;-
click here

sinewave 16:40 18 Sep 05

Hi all,

I have just installed NIS 05 on a laptop and a desktop which both share a broadband connection through a Linksys WAG54G router.

The laptop came with Norton AV trial and I bought the latest box version from Dabs. The Desktop already had AV04 on it and this was upgraded to 05. The problem is that after a couple of hours use the Desktop cannot connect to the internet unless the laptop is fired up and IE is started up thne all is well.
I cannot find any settings in AV05 which seem to effect this?

Taff36 16:59 18 Sep 05

You need to start a new discussion in the Network Forum. If you "Hijack" another members thread with a different problem everyone gets confused as to who`s question we`re answering.

Also you`ll need to tell us a bit more about the system. Operating Systems on each computer and how they are currently connected - wireless or cable etc. Good luck - see you in the network forum.

sgetty 16:53 19 Sep 05

tried the remover and it does not work either

Ancient Learner 12:07 20 Sep 05

This is very bad then. It is very unfortunate that you don't have the 2003 CD which would have allowed you to attempt another install over the old one, and then remove the whole lot.

I see that you have ticked this as Resolved, so perhaps you have now sorted it all out in some way!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…