norton anti virus 2007

loopyloo 15:33 20 Oct 06

I have just purchased from ebay Norton Anti Virus 2007 which came only in the cd sleeve. This is an original and not a copy but my question is that on the label it says system builder edition and where the product key is it says Norton Anti virus 07 CTO OEM System builder. Before installing this cd I wanted to make sure that this was a full version and the normal norton anti virus personal edition.

ventanas 15:49 20 Oct 06

For use only with a PC built and supplied by a Microsoft Certified System Builder. You cannot use it and it should not have been sold in this way.
Were you not suspicious as to why such recent software is being sold on ebay in this way?

loopyloo 15:54 20 Oct 06

It was advertised on ebay as just Norton anti virus 2007 and gave all the details it does. With the cd I got a certificate of authenticity. But if you say if this is not correct I will send it back.

birdface 16:06 20 Oct 06

Just wondering, did it come with a product Key,Try it,If not Legit,Norton wont let you download it.Might have came with new computer,And new owners dont want Norton for there Anti-Virus program.I think the best thing to do with it if you dont want to download it, Is send it to Me I will use it.

ventanas 16:14 20 Oct 06

That is all you can do, it may only have a three month lifetime, being OEM. This program will have to be activated at the Symantec web site, and you may run into problems there.
Quite possibly this is a program supplied with a new pc that the owners do not want, but that does not give them the right to sell it.

I assume there is some method on ebay for reporting this sort of thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple