Norton Anti Virus 2005

Blake 19:09 10 Nov 05

On my last PC (Win 98), running Norton AV 2004, icons for both the AV and internet security programs, used to appear in the system tray (right term?)to show the software was loaded and running.

On my new XP PC using Norton AV 2005, only one icon is shown for internet security.

How can I be sure that the AV software is active on startup, an scanning mail etc.
This is enabled in the options of the AV, but I would like to be sure.

Blake

ade.h 21:07 10 Nov 05

Open Task Manager (Ctrl, Alt, Del or right-click the taskbar). Should be listed in running processes.

Sans le Sou 21:28 10 Nov 05

On Norton 2004 there is a box in the options to show autoprotect icon in the tray, I do not know if 2005 is similar.

Blake 13:50 11 Nov 05

Sans le Sou..
There does not seem to be a coresponding icon for 2005, which is what was worring me.

ade.h..
Any idea what the process is listed as? It does not seem too obvious on a first look.

Sans le Sou 14:57 11 Nov 05

Look in windows security centre and see if you have a message that Norton is handling your antivirus etc.

Blake 10:20 12 Nov 05

Security centre, lists Norton as handling the antivirus. I assume everything is ok then?
Cheers

Sans le Sou 20:26 12 Nov 05

Looks like all is well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…