Norton Anti Virus 2004

iscanut2 12:55 18 Sep 03

I use AV 2003 and have recently renewed my subscription to August 2004 re data updates etc. I have just seen that version 2004 has been released. Is it worth me upgrading just for a new search engine or should I say as I am until my sub expires and then upgrade versions.

Gaz 25 12:56 18 Sep 03

It is personal preferance, do you want a new scanning engine?

powerless 20:08 18 Sep 03

Theres added protection.

nobrain 20:21 18 Sep 03

I paid on line to renew mine and it wont take the subscription number !! useless.

Jester2K II 20:23 18 Sep 03

Apparently the new NAV 2004 also starts to search for "spyware" too...

But why pay? AVG click here is free.

Kitz E Kat 20:24 18 Sep 03

I got the upgrade for 2004, as my sub was just up, and have to say im happy..

I did a scan after i loaded it and it 'found' several files , spyeare, that 2003 did not find.

Also it found a Kazaa file ( i did have kazaa long long time ago!!), Spybot never found it, and kazaabegone never found it...

Your call if its worth it...

Yours
Kitz E Kat

obbit 20:58 18 Sep 03

i agree with Jester2K II . AVG is good and free and so is anti spyware "ad-aware" and "spybot"

you must have well paid jobs lol

Jester2K II 21:12 18 Sep 03

Symantec's Norton AntiVirus? 2004 is the world?s most trusted antivirus solution?. It protects email, instant messages, and other files by automatically removing viruses, worms, and Trojan horses. New built-in features also detect certain non-virus threats such as spyware and keystroke loggers. Protect your PC 24 hours a day with award-winning Norton AntiVirus.

? NEW! Expanded threat detection alerts you to non-virus threats such as spyware and keystroke logging programs.
? NEW! Scans compressed file archives before you open them and risk infecting your computer. (Not available on Windows 98 or Windows Me.)
? Automatically removes viruses, worms, and Trojan horses.
? LiveUpdate? downloads new virus protection updates automatically to protect against the latest threats**.
? Worm Blocking and Script Blocking can detect new threats even before virus protection updates are created for them.

Jester2K II 15:30 22 Sep 03

So good its already cracked.....

click here

powerless 18:46 22 Sep 03

It's not the PA we want, its, its virus detection that people want.

expertec 19:34 22 Sep 03

what's all the ?s for??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…