Norton Anti-virus 2003 auto protect

wednesday 13 14:49 31 Mar 05

When i start up my pc, a message comes up telling me that norton anti-virus auto protect is turned off. When i open up the program, i keep on clicking on enable and nothing happens. I tried to turn it on through options, but whenever i tick the box and click ok, the protection is still off. I tried to re-install but it wouldn't let me and say's that the program is still open when it isn't even open in the system tray. i tried to modify it but nothing happend. now the message keeps on coming up that the auto protection is off.

How do you turn on auto protect or re-install?

rossol 15:00 31 Mar 05

Are you sure that the program date is still valid

wednesday 13 15:04 31 Mar 05

It's the full program and not a trial so i guess the answer is yes.

rossol 15:13 31 Mar 05

no i mean if it 2003 it should expire after 1 year unless you have just put it in your computor less than a year ago then the only thing you can do is take it out and re install then it generally last another year or buy 2005 version

wednesday 13 18:19 31 Mar 05

i installed it 5 months ago. should i register?

wednesday 13 18:20 31 Mar 05

i installed it 5 months ago. should i register?

wednesday 13 18:21 31 Mar 05

I can't uninstall. it says program is still running so i can't re-install, or is there another way

wednesday 13 18:22 31 Mar 05

I can't uninstall. it says program is still running so i can't re-install, or is there another way

jolorna 21:28 31 Mar 05

try this link it might help i had this problem before click here pluss i turned of system retore and switched it back on after

wednesday 13 10:26 01 Apr 05

Some of the files didn't delete and it still said that files were still in use so it couldn't remove

wednesday 13 17:16 01 Apr 05

Should i just leave it and move the security message off the screen?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…