Norton Anti Virus 2002

Batch 11:11 03 Jan 07

A neighbour is having problems with Norton Anti Virus (quelle surprise!).

She claims that she still has Norton Anti Virus 2002 and that until a matter of days ago this was receiving updates. Is this possible or have Symantec stopped supporting 2002 some (long) time ago?

try click here
an awful lot of people seem to have or have had problems with norton products that are years, (5 in this case) old,
i would have thought that in todays internet world the latest security would be a priority for all!
i have looked very hard and cant find a better package than nis 2007

Batch 11:56 03 Jan 07

I agree about using the latest security software - and that is exactly what I'm trying to encourage them to do (and move them to AVG).

Unfortunately, the Symantec web-site (when you click through the links) only lists support back to 2003 (hence my original question). Having said that I'd managed to find some links to 2002 support via another route. It is all this that suggests that 2002 may no longer be an "active" product and it was this that I was seeking forum members views on.

Belatucadrus 14:09 03 Jan 07

She could well have been receiving signature updates, which Symantec are quite willing to sell to users of obsolete software. If it is as you suspect unsupported, what she hasn't received is the program updates required to deal with new viruses. Leaving her with software that can detect a new virus but not clean it and hence is as much use as the proverbial chocolate teapot. Get her to update, NIS2007 or one of the freebies.

Totally-braindead 14:15 03 Jan 07

Get rid of it. Its too old and Norton no longer support it. Either buy a new Norton package or install one of the free antivirus programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…