Norton

brindly 20:27 04 Mar 10

At the moment I have Norton on my PC. I want to uninstall or delete it. can I just use remove in control panel? There are three items under Norton: Norton Internet Security. Norton Security centre and Norton WMI update. Do i remove all of them. I want to load McAfee instead or even AVG?

Strawballs 20:47 04 Mar 10

click here+ download and run the top one from the list

GaT7 20:50 04 Mar 10

May be best to download and run the Norton Removal Tool click here - for specific instructions, choose the relevant product depending on the year.

Why are you changing to McAfee (it's one of the worst btw) or AVG? Is NIS giving you problems? W

Where will you be buying your new security software from? G

GaT7 21:04 04 Mar 10

Reason I asked where you'll be buying from - AVG Internet Security for under £5 at click here / click here / click here. G

Strawballs 21:05 04 Mar 10

If you want to stay with Norton go for 360v4 it got very good reviews on this forum check out the Beta testing forum

brindly 20:03 05 Mar 10

Crossbow7.

Looks good to me at that price but it seems some don't have much faith in AVG or McAfee. I like McAfee because it is familiar but if you say they are not so good what would you recommend thats not too pricey? I don't like Norton it just seems so complicated but thats just me. I had to recover my computer some months back and this version was the one on the PC 2004 so I just let it run but I use McAfee on my laptop and I am happy with it. The tecchy who recovered my computer data recommended AVG. Thanks for the advice about removal.

Andsome 20:05 05 Mar 10

You can stuff the lot of them for me thanks. Eset Nod 32 is the king as far as I'm concerned, and well worth every penny.

GaT7 20:06 05 Mar 10

I would go for AVG Internet Security then.

I've been running their free antivirus (along with WinXP's own firewall) for the past 5 years with no problems. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…