Norton 360 v Norton IS 2007 + Ghost

arrow 11:29 19 Jan 08

I run Norton IS 2007 & Counterspy on my 2001 PC on XP Home. Since adding Ghost it has become very slow, despite Disc Cleaner, C Cleaner, PC Booster, Reg. Repair!!! Would replacing this lot with Norton 360 speed it up and still give adequate protection and backup? Looking forward to your expert advice. Arrow.

SANTOS7 11:45 19 Jan 08

Why not just uninstall ghost, if your PC was performing well before it was installed,
Most norton products are huge resource huggers,
there are alternatives that are not.
for backing up your system and ease of use
click here

Acronis is a great tool, although this is only version 9 (i have this) it works superbly well...

sunny staines 12:02 19 Jan 08

i dont think norton 360 gives you the option to clone your drive like ghost does

arrow 11:18 21 Jan 08

Thankyou SANTOS7 and sunny staines. I have un- installed Ghost and it is much improved, but I still want to know if Norton 360 would replace Counterspy and give the same security.

sunny staines 11:28 21 Jan 08

the security with norton is good except spyware, I would recommend another antispyware prog too like superantispyware, A2Squared or Spyware terminator.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…