Norton 360 PC slow down

Goonersteve 18:05 15 Apr 07

I have recently installed Norton 360 on my Mesh PC (XP Professional) as a replacement for Norton Security 2006. Ever since installation my PC seems to have become grindingly slow, especially when I launch my BT Yahoo Broadband but pretty much when I launch any program. Everything is so slow now I'm considering uninstalling 360, taking the hit on the cost and buying some other anti-virus/pc protection. Any suggestions???

freaky 18:41 15 Apr 07

Try Windows Live OneCare

click here

I've been testing it on one of my PC's since January this year. Am so pleased with it that I bought and installed it on the other 2 PC's.

It includes everything you need for internet security and does not slow the PC's down.

If you should decide to try it, then uninstall Norton 360 before you download it otherwise Norton will stop it downloading correctly.

If you would like some help then use my email envelope.

skidzy 19:02 15 Apr 07

You could be swamped with suggestions with this thread,however .. personally i would remove Norton (never did like it) using the Norton removal tool.

There is no need at all to buy your AV software,we often have this debate to find out if a paid version of a AV is better than a free version.To be honest i doubt there is a lot of difference.

Here is a link that may help you out click here

Norton removal tool click here
or click here

Goonersteve 22:04 17 Apr 07

Thanks guys, useful replies. I'm going to uninstall Norton and try something else. Will post again if I run into any difficulties. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017