Norton 360

compuser 14:59 08 Jul 08

Hello, I am running Norton 360 and my laptop seems to have slowed down and suffers freezes more than it used to. Scan's have not reported any problems, Any suggestions welcome.

Ditch999 15:12 08 Jul 08

Check your available resources (RAM) through Task Manager>Performance
Delete temp files by running Disk Clean-up in the Properties of your C: drive
Defragment your hard disk

C3 16:36 08 Jul 08

Check that the laptop fans and heatsink are clear. Depending on the type of laptop, this may be as easy as removing a panel, removing the fan, giving a good blowout with compressed air, putting it back together and job done. This may solve any heat issues you might be having which could be causing your slowdown.

Norton 360 does slow your PC down (unacceptably, I think).
If you get a choice (and you never use 360's backup facility), it is probably better to just go for the Norton Internet Security as this is the same as 360 but missing the backup and tune up options. It is also much faster.

You can clean out all your temp files using Ccleaner as well.

You could also try removing Norton 360 totally (using the Norton Removal Tool from the Symantec website) then reinstalling it and updating. I've heard that the latest version of 360 is quicker than the older one as the new one is based on the 2008 program, not the 2007 one.

compuser 19:03 08 Jul 08

I have restarted and everthing seems to have speeded up a bit. All Norton checks are ok and RAM is ok so I will see how long it lasts. TA!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now