Norton IS 2012 update

exdragon 09:21 AM 23 Feb 12
Answered

Hi - I see that I can get an update to the current version I have, but each time I try to download the latest version, I get a message Status=4097; which appears on a blank page. I can't find any reference to it in Norton help, so don't know if it's anything to do with my laptop.

I've tried the update from the email I received, as well as from within the programme itself, using the Check for updates option.

Does anyone have any idea, please?

birdface 11:06 AM 23 Feb 12

Norton say,e reinstall Norton if you follow directions.

http://us.norton.com/support/

I would have said the same using the Norton Removal tool.

But maybe follow directions given.

birdface 06:42 AM 24 Feb 12

Looks like it was Not a genuine E-mail then.

Makes you wonder where they got your e-mail address from then.Looks like it could only have been from Norton.

A good warning for those other Norton users that receive the same e-mail to ignore it.

exdragon 07:56 AM 24 Feb 12

Thanks,guys, well spotted. I already have 2012, so assumed it was just an update (as opposed to an update to 2012 from 2011). Seems a bit odd, though, that a request to check for updates from within the programme itself showed the same status error.

Like in the earlier answer, I wonder why Norton didn't flag it up as dodgy.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…