Norton IS 2012 Beta Test

rawprawn 17:28 PM 18 Apr 11
Answered

I have just had an mail from Norton asking me to download and test this program. I assume this has nothing to do with the PCA beta testing to which I have agreed to take part. So I should ignore this offer ??

rawprawn 17:38 PM 18 Apr 11

I forgot to tick "Subscribe ti this post" So I try again.

birdface 18:57 PM 18 Apr 11

Best maybe sticking to the PCA test as you have already agreed to it. For those not using the PCA Norton beta test maybe try here.

link text

Forum Editor 19:05 PM 18 Apr 11

The beta software you're being offered is the same as that which we'll test, but our testers will get a free 1 year licence, so if you've signed up for our test (which will start fairly soon) don't use the download link you've received from Symantec - I'll be sending you a special one.

rawprawn 19:11 PM 18 Apr 11
Answer

Forum Editor Thanks for the answer that clears it up. I guess they just sent the link because I am already using Norton.

mobileman1953 19:14 PM 18 Apr 11

had me confused too i will wait for link of fe as i was accepted for trial

sunnystaines 20:34 PM 18 Apr 11

looking at the norton beta forum plenty of minor probs, i expect we will get the next build beta to test.

i too got the email from norton but holding back awaiting the pca options. looking forward to it.

Proclaimer 20:57 PM 18 Apr 11

Have the PCA Testers been chosen then?

mobileman1953 16:12 PM 30 Apr 11

never hard anything about trial has it been held up

sunnystaines 18:44 PM 30 Apr 11

i still think norton are waiting for the next beta build before unleashing it on us, too many problems on the first build. perhaps our FE could make a call.

Strawballs 18:56 PM 30 Apr 11

That answers a question for me I was only thinking earlier what had happened to the test so I shall just sit tight.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites