Norton 2009 Upgrade or new installation

nivekh 08:15 11 Mar 09

I've used Norton Internet Security since 2005 and am perfectly happy with its performance (early versions did produce some system slow down, but that seems to be resolved now)
I'm due to renew my NIS and wondered if there are any advantages/disadvantages, other than cost, between the new NIS 2009 and NIS 2009 Upgrade.

kindly 08:29 11 Mar 09

I have used norton 2009 for a few months now. Although I never paid for it as my sons copy has a licence for it to go onto three computers.
The thing I did not like about it is that it missed quite a few spyware and trojans. If I had relied on it on its own I would be knackered. I use other programs that did pick up on them.
Personaly I would not go for that security system again. I have just formated my system after a problem (not caused by nortons failure) and am pleased its gone now.

sunnystaines 08:58 11 Mar 09

shop around there are always good deals around re norton often the full product can in some places be cheaper than the upgrade.

pc world and novatech often have good prices for norton.

nivekh 22:02 11 Mar 09

Yes, but is there any advantage of NIS 2009 over NIS 2009 upgrade?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…