//some 3rd party need geo

Norton IS 2005 causing probs (Which product???)

ReyesKing 17:39 17 Feb 05

Hi, i own Norton Internet Security 2005, and am very unhappy with it. A process called ccApp runs and hangs the shutdown/restart/logoff for a long time after i have selected it to do so. Preferably id love to fix it which is a much better option, but i have attemted to do so unsuccesfully. I need a similar overall package (Norton has Antivirus which can be constantly updated free, Internet security and Antispam facilities which i find extremely useful. Anybody able to help me please?

jimv7 17:43 17 Feb 05

AVG anti-virus from click here and sygate free firewall from click here

GaT7 18:22 17 Feb 05

"...selected it to do so." - do you mean selected it run or selected it to stop running?

By the way, I'm not surprised you are very unhappy with NIS2005. Have you noticed a system slowdown since installing it? What's your OS & does your PC have a reasonably good spec? G

GaT7 18:23 17 Feb 05

Correction - 'do you mean selected it to run or selected it to stop running?'

GaT7 18:33 17 Feb 05

Message: "ccApp.exe is not responding" during computer restart or shut down click here. Apparently a manual update fixes this, but it also may not do : ( - "If you have the latest program updates and you still get this message, wait a minute or two for Windows to close. If Windows does not close the application in that time, then click End Now and allow the shutdown process to continue."

Save this link click here in your browser's Favourites. It's what I used to find the above solution. G

ReyesKing 18:37 17 Feb 05

hi i mean selected it to do one of -shut down. log off etc.
thats very interesting crossbow, did you have this problem and fix it? i have an emachines pc with 2.70 Ghz processor and 512 MB DDR RAM

gudgulf 20:49 17 Feb 05

This problem with Ccapp is caused by Norton av's insistence on checking the floppy drive on shutdown...the cure is to open NIS2005's control panel,select antivirus from the dropdown list in the "options" box.Then click on system:autoprotect:advanced and remove the tick from the box that reads "Scan floppy disc in A: for boot sector viruses when shutting down" ,click on ok and that should stop your Ccapp problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…