Norton 2004 gone crazy

red dragon 20:24 18 Sep 04

Hi All
I have reported this problem before and I thought it was resolved.
Norton internet security keeps flashing up external computer trying to access your pc Block.
I have unticked the notify button but they still come up. If I leave me pc on for a few hours....when I come back I have about 30-50 to click block on, and even the ones that have always block ticked still come up.
It is also now asked me to block liveupdate and other programs with the message unrecognised modules.
I have run adaware and all is clear and Norton antivirus has aslo come up clean

Any help greatly received as I have reinstalled several times now to no avail.

Red Dragon

dewskit 20:38 18 Sep 04

Yes I have had same problem - Answer was in the latest edition of PC Advisor!

Click Personal Firewall
Click on Configure then select Custom Level
Deselect Enable Access Control Alerts

Suggested that you also deselect
Alert when unused ports are accessed

Did this about an hour ago and have had peace for the first time since installing Norton!

(I assumed that you needed to select this option through the Intrusion Detection feature, but that did nothing at all to help)

Hope it works for you too!

red dragon 20:43 18 Sep 04

Many thanks I will give this a try!

red dragon 11:22 19 Sep 04

I have done seemed quiet for a while but now its exactly the same, including the live update blocking.

dewskit 22:57 19 Sep 04

red dragon

I answered you last evening having just returned from holiday. However checked again this evening and reading your continuing problems I remembered that searching for the answer to the incessant alarms I had visited the Symantec website (www. and in desperation I had downloaded a patch which it claimed made downloading virus updates possible with some installations which would not do this correctly. I personally had experienced no difficulties in that direction, but perhaps this holds the answer to your problem?

Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…