Norton 2004 Blocks emailed Excel attachments

barryc61 01:17 15 Apr 04

I maintain a computer which has Norton Antivirus & Firewall installed (2004 version) - trouble is it seems determined to prevent reading of any emails with an Excel attachment ie *.XLS files. It makes no attempt to blocks anything else. Any ideas please? This is a very frustrating problem. Using Norton 2003 Antivirus & Firewall s/w on an earlier PC there is no problem but note that the menus appear to be different so it is difficult to compare the individual option settings. Any input would be much appreciated especially if anyone else has seen this problem. Incidentally, this is occurring following a clean installation on a brand new system with no options specifically selected - so it can be considerd to be running under default conditions.

hugh-265156 01:29 15 Apr 04

are you using outlook express?

try clicking tools/options/security and untick "do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could be a virus"

only thing i could find on the symantec KB re/.xls attachments was click here

barryc61 09:56 16 Apr 04

Hi - yes exactly right - what a twit for not thinking of that one - I am so used to using Pegasus which runs rings around other email programs! many thanks for your kind input!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…