Norton 2003 pop up.

muddypaws 19:06 10 Feb 07

Anyone else got Norton 2003? Yes OK I know the opinions out there!! I have had it 3 years and had no problems until the last 2 days. I fly on fs9 alot and because of the alleged power drain Norton causes I have always right clicked in the system tray and disabled it. No problems till now.
Now with it disabled it throws up a warning window about every 30 secs telling me it is disabled. This crashes the fs9 screen ( not the programme).back to the desktop.So I have to enable it.
The message reads :
'Firewall protection is turned off. Open Norton to resolve the issue.To prevent duplicate security status alerts, use my existing Norton product alerts and turn off redundant Windows Security Centre alerts ( recommended).'
The box alongside is ticked.
Whether I click Ok as is or uncheck the box and click OK the result is the same. The warning continues to flash up.
Have looked everywhere I can think of within Norton.
This obviously also occurs if I temporarily disable and go on IE6.
Just wondered if it is a recent update that is causing it.
I have AVG all lined up for use when my Norton sub expires.!
Anyone else with 2003 want to experiment by disabling for a moment. My son with 2007 doesn't have the problem.
Thanks.

p;3 19:19 10 Feb 07

I cannot help with the norton problem but; just one question ; when does the norton sub expire?

muddypaws 19:25 10 Feb 07

Not till November! Personally I have always been satisfied with Norton. Never been 'invaded' in 4 years. All sweeps with other programmes never reveal anything serious. Including AVG.

muddypaws 19:29 10 Feb 07

Sorry that is AVG anti spyware. Also use Multi-virus cleaner.

p;3 19:32 10 Feb 07

so are you waiting to change to AVG antivirus or stay with the norton? I know what I would do::))

muddypaws 19:36 10 Feb 07

Almost certainly go to AVG. Not sure just now how much it is.Must look.
Then of course the hassle of un-installing Norton!
I have the link to their un-install in my favourites.

p;3 19:41 10 Feb 07

avg is FREE!!!! getting the Norton off the machine is the headache though::((

muddypaws 19:53 10 Feb 07

So it is---free.Thanks p;3 I was looking at the $29 column.
Got the zip on my desktop now.
Just wondering if I unchecked all the Norton items on 'start up as opposed to uninstalling that would cure the problem presumably. You never know with Norton!!

Noldi 19:54 10 Feb 07

I remember VOG posted a link on here to remove Norton and that worked a treat.

Looking for it now.

Noldi

muddypaws 19:56 10 Feb 07

noldi.....I have the link in favourites. thanks.

Noldi 19:57 10 Feb 07

ice1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?Open&src=&docid=2001092114452606&nsf=nav.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl

Found it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…