Norton 2003 firewall

Angela-225542 16:21 23 Aug 03

I have installed Norton anti virus and firewall. Since then, windows messenger signs me in and out a few times before remaining signed out. When i try to sign in it says invalid password or sign in name. However if I go to click here I can sign in. I am also having problems with the windows update service which always says cannot connect. Is this due to firewall or X.P????????

citadel 18:05 23 Aug 03

when I first installed norton firewall and used microsoft update, the firewall gave an on screen message saying it had auto created rules for microsoft. I have had no trouble downloading microsoft stuff.

kingkenny 18:29 23 Aug 03

Norton would inform you if it had a problem with Messenger signing in and ask you what to do, that is if you have asked it to notify you.

if you go into the Norton Firewall and ask it to do a program scan and then check the rules it has assigned to Messenger to see it that is the problem. Wouldn't think so though if it then lets you sign in by different means and lets you stay in. The traffic is still going the same way and Norton would pick it up again if it had a problem with it.

S5W 18:31 23 Aug 03

Windows update has been playing hard to get recently. The following brings it up for me:
click here apparently the https rather than http makes a difference. Happy hunting.

Angela-225542 18:50 23 Aug 03

Thanks for the tips! My probs are now increasing as the firewall is disabled and I cannot access it at all!?

Jester2K II 19:13 23 Aug 03

I cannot get into my firewall, it has been disabled. If I go to 'options' it says access denied only the supervisor can access. Can anyone help?

feb 19:51 23 Aug 03

try here:
click here

the lone cloner 22:36 23 Aug 03

have you disabled any existing firewall? what is your os!

the lone cloner 22:40 23 Aug 03

I ment have you kept up todate with patches?

Angela-225542 23:12 23 Aug 03

No I will try that, Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…