Norton 2003 common client

snowy30 21:40 24 Sep 04

I ran LiveUpdate to update Norton AntiVirus 2003 (I renewed the subscription via their website) when I had an error message saying: L1806 Liveupdate was not able to install any of the one updates you selected...and there was a red X next to Symantec Common Client. There is a 'sub' second message: L1812 a program that is part of this update failed to ran. I went to its website to find the solution, which instructs to find LiveUpdate folders and delete files and any subfolders. I ran LiveUpdate again and had the same message as above, which I now must uninstall and reinstall all Symantec and Norton programs. The things is I don't have the Norton Antivirus disc on me, I borrowed it. Is there any other way round this? I'm using Windows 98 and Norton Antivirus 2003 v.9.05.15.

Thanks

stalion 21:46 24 Sep 04

if you borrowed it as you put it you must be useing the same serial number as someone else and this could be your problem.

snowy30 21:54 24 Sep 04

It was doing fine up until now, I never had no trouble with it of all the months I used it since it has been installed

stalion 21:55 24 Sep 04

when did you renew the subsription?

snowy30 22:03 24 Sep 04

About a few months ago

stalion 22:19 24 Sep 04

only thing I can suggest seeing as you can not re-install norton is to turn it off or uninstall it.
This is a free anti-virus program if you are interested many members on here use it.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…