Northbirdge Fan Replacement

slysy 22:21 20 Jan 04

Can anyone recommend a replacement Northbridge Fan as mine has started to get noisy and would like to replace it before it fails.

I have a MSI KT3 Ultra 2 with AMD XP +2100, runs at 44 Deg C, System runs at 36 Deg C and would like to keep it cool, but with not too much extra noise.

Would consider to go fanless and maybe use a heatsink.

Any ideas?

Sly

Chegs ® 23:01 20 Jan 04

click here

Review here,and its stating that "The Northbridge is capped with a heatsink and fan." but space is a bit of a problem,so you might have probs locating a replacement that fits in its place.

Totally-braindead 00:22 21 Jan 04

I bought a Northbridge heatsink made by Zalman from Dabs.com I think it was. Main reason was my Northbridge fan kept becoming noisy, replaced it twice and each time it was fine for a while then would start being noisy again. The heatsink works perfectly and was easy to install. Providing you have the space for it I'd go for the heatsink.

slysy 08:17 21 Jan 04

Thanks for info.

Just ordered the Coolermaster Northbridge cooler with blue LED, as it matches all the other fans I have.

Check it out at click here

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…