norman collier type dvd playback

bus man 00:46 17 Nov 04

remember norman collier and the gag with the defective microphone ?
for some reason , recently , when i try to play a dvd on windows media player 10 or real one , the audio is very strange , stuttering along , much like the above but happening very fast at a constant judder (just audio as far as i can tell )
Playback is fine ,though ,on InterVideo win dvd4 , only happens on the above two .
i can't remember tinkering with any settings , to cause any changes , it just seemed to start all on it's own accord .
quite new to all this , so please be gentle /patient .
off to bed now , but will look back in tomorrow.
cheers .

bus man 00:51 17 Nov 04

sorry .
should have done a better search first .
seems quite common
no solution though

hugh-265156 01:34 17 Nov 04

the easiest thing to try if its only happened just happened recently and you can remember a date when all wa well is to use system restore if you have windows xp.

try clicking the start button then click 'all programs/accessories/system tools/system restore'

choose 'restore my computer to an earlier time' and look at the calender, choose a date when all was well and click next. restart and let it restore. if it doesn't solve it you can easily undo this by doing the above again and click 'undo my last' you wont lose any data by doing this so its worth a try.

failing that if you can find out what motherboard you have then let us know the make and model no. please re installing drivers may help if system restore doesn't help.

if you don't know try downloading everest home edition and install and run it 'start/all programs/lavalys/everest home edition' then click 'computer/summary' and look for 'motherboard name' and 'audio adaptor'

might help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…