Nonsense e-mail

hoodlums 09:50 20 May 04

Recently when i get some emails from spamers there is a short non sense making story at the bottom. Proper words but no real sense to the story.

Has anybody got an idea as to what it's all about.

g0slp 10:18 20 May 04

It's to try & fool anti-spam robots at ISPs etc

end 11:24 20 May 04

I "understood" that the very "act" OF opening a spam e mail "TELLS" the spammer that the e mail address is "active"...AND you have NO IDEA of what IS IN the spam e mail virus or rogue-like......,,,(comments from the floor???)..(one is "asking" for a FLOOD of spam , isnt one????)

hoodlums 12:31 20 May 04

I usually avoid what is obviuosly spam but recently i seem to get mails from names VERY similar to those in my contact book. Is this a Hotmail prob or just e-mail in general?

Cheers

end 12:37 20 May 04

am not on hotmail; I get some CRAZY ones, especially the "headers"; almsot chuched one in the bin the other day actually from someone I knew, the addrss looked "too ridiculous" until I re read it!!!!;; I think the maxim is;;;if in doubt, BIN it.....(unless anyone else has a different idea?????)

Tog 12:45 20 May 04

OE has an option to prompt you if an email attempts to send a confirmation and asks if you want to send it.

OE has an option to prompt you if an email attempts to send a confirmation and asks if you want to send it.

Tog 12:46 20 May 04

Have you ever noticed how close the delete button is to the return button on some keyboards?

nkt2000 12:46 20 May 04

I am with Pipex and am happy with their service. However, one small problem is that your email address is computer generated and makes no sense at all. You can set up an alias so that you can remember it but when a recipient get a mail from you, the return address is the CG one. This confuses everyone and make some people think is is one of hoodlums spams cos' it doesn't match the one you have given your friends.

hoodlums 15:53 20 May 04

Thanx chaps... I don't expect Microsoft will fix the problem soon either.
:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…