Non valid system disk

DUMBNUT 23:11 23 Jan 05

I'm trying to sort this on my sisters pc, she's running xp & i seem to be in a loop, (safe mode wont work) safe mode keeps on asking me for repair (again wont work) & when i ask for new instalitiation, it sends me round the houses again!.

any info would be much appreciated!.

many thanks

Djohn 23:16 23 Jan 05

Have you tried Safe mode with networking? its one of the options offered in XP and the one to choose.

DUMBNUT 23:19 23 Jan 05

I'm unable to acess the safe mode Djohn, hence the post. sorry.

DUMBNUT 23:21 23 Jan 05

The only way i can gain acess is to enter the bios (a,c,cdrom etc)

Djohn 23:25 23 Jan 05

What happens when you boot up DUMBNUT? Is the PC loading windows at all or does it just take you to the command prompt with the options? Or are you seeing only the message of invalid system disk on booting, if so have you checked for the obvious thing such as a floppy left in the drive or if set to boot from an optical drive first, a CD left in one of the drives?

Djohn 23:26 23 Jan 05

X post there, I forgot to refresh and missed your post above.

DUMBNUT 23:31 23 Jan 05

I'm getting the run araound. I've definately not left anything in any of the drives. We are currently doing a clean Reinstall (again) Status bar show 34 mins to go, This is the 3rd we have reached this far!. Will keep you posted thanks Dumbnut

Djohn 23:45 23 Jan 05

I will be up for about another hour yet so please post back if this install doesn't work. I'll see if I can help, but there should be other members on-line who will advise if not.

If the install does not work will you please tell us how you are doing it and if your using a full XP disk or recovery disk as this will help anyone who reads the thread.

DUMBNUT 00:01 24 Jan 05

Thanks Djohn, i've no idea what i done, but your input helped.

Djohn 00:02 24 Jan 05

I'm pleased it did, even though we don't know why! ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…