Non Stop Beeping

ethab 19:17 20 Aug 04

Hi

I've just built a system around a P4 3.2 cpu and GA-81848P(-G) mobo (Phoenix Bios). All was going well, formatted drive started installing XP and it froze with about 7 minutes to go. I was had to reset and on resetting there is now a non stopping rapid beep with the power light flashing rapidly. I've taken everything off the board apart from CPU/Fan and still same. I've tried a different power supply and still same. Cleared CMOS no luck I've never come across this before, has anyone got any ideas...?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:35 20 Aug 04

Beep Codes click here

Graham ® 19:43 20 Aug 04

Phoenix beep codes click here

ethab 19:48 20 Aug 04

Cheers for those pages but no answers there.

The beeping is almost the same as when you have a key trapped on your keyboard. I've removed the keyboard and mouse to see if that may be the trouble but still no joy.

Trouble is I haven't got a spare intel chip or compatible board to swap out. If it was AMD then I've got spare to test. Sods law...:(

Gongoozler 19:52 20 Aug 04

The only time I had beeping like this, the processor heatsink wasn't properly seated, and the processor was overheating. I hope that isn't the problem in your case, but at least Intel processors are better at looking after themselves than AMD.

ethab 20:08 20 Aug 04

Just gone and check the heat sink and all looked well but I redid it anyway and same thing...

woodchip 20:14 20 Aug 04

Graphics Card, or Memory problem

ethab 21:20 20 Aug 04

looks like I'll have to send both mobo and chip back as I'm not sure which one is the problem...:(

Thanks for ya help in any case..:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…