non start

kenamb 17:44 10 Jan 04

Hi everybody, i have recently bought a nvidea mx440 128mb graphics card and every thing worked fine until i switched on one day and after the windows xp screen disapeared the monitor went off but the pc kept booting up.I put my tnt2 card back in and every thing was ok again. After receiving ny mx440 back from the supplier who said it was working properly i put it back in for it to do the same thing.I can go to system restore and the mx440 works fine , then after turning on for the second time the problem comes back to haunt me.The driver wont load saying its not reconised or passed the test for compatability.Do i require a new driver and why does it work for so long then stop.
Any ideas please
Thanks Ken

LastChip 17:49 10 Jan 04

LastChip 17:53 10 Jan 04

Just seen it in the text.

Why not go into device manager, delete your existing graphics card and shut down.

Now change your graphics card and start the machine.

XP should now recognize the new hardware and install it's own driver.

Try it like that for a few day's before looking for an updated driver from the manufacturer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…