Non-standard Power Supply supplier?

pipedream 16:21 03 Dec 04

Can anyone suggest where I could find a non-standard form factor power supply? I need to replace the PSU on a no-name desktop PC, c.1999, but the PSU is a non-standard size; 120mm x 85mm x 150mm (W x H x D, the first two dimensions being the most critical).

After checking the wiring, I've temporarily fitted a standard ATX PSU which works perfectly but doesn't fit! (dimensions being 150mm x 85mm x 140mm).

No clues on the old PSU's casing, and I've checked that it's not one of the other 'standard' sizes such as SFX, NLX, WTX, Baby AT etc.

Any help gratefully received.

pipedream 18:37 03 Dec 04

^

Technotiger 18:51 03 Dec 04

Hi, perhaps here click here

sicknote 18:51 03 Dec 04
  pipedream 19:49 03 Dec 04

Thanks guys - nothing yet but now looking at further manufacturer's links from the sites you suggested. SFX is the closest but still not right - may have to put a power bulge in the case!

pipedream 10:08 30 Dec 04

Hello - thought I'd resurrect this just in case there are nay other suggestions out there - drawn a complete blank so far (can't remember why I ticked the resolved box now...). Thanks!

pipedream 10:09 30 Dec 04

I meant 'any' not 'nay'!?

Gongoozler 10:22 30 Dec 04

Hi pipedream. If the motherboard is a standard form factor I think the easiest solution would be to replave the case. Even the cheap cases from Ebuyer do a reasonable job although the metal is very thin click here

pipedream 11:07 30 Dec 04

Thanks Gongoozler, hadn't thought of that - probably the best option!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…