Non recognition of 90 min cdr

1ltdbrain 19:09 16 Feb 07

My Windows XP Media player will not recognise a TDK high capacity cd recordable 800mb 90 mins it keeps telling me its only 10 minutes long. Does anybody know how to resolve this problem please .

jack 19:52 16 Feb 07

From the little you say it looks as if there is a 10 minute recording on there and then the disk has been closed.
I think there may be some form of software out there that will 'unclose' a burned disk- certainly some PVRS can do this.

Totally-braindead 19:56 16 Feb 07

What happens if you open the disk with windows explorer? Does it see more than the 10 minutes of audio?
Or do you mean it cannot see a blank disk?
Sorry I'm a bit confused.

1ltdbrain 20:29 16 Feb 07

Forgot to add that the 90 min cdr was brand new tried 2 or 3 disc all with the same result only 10mins burn time available.

Ho-Lin-Sok 23:05 18 Feb 07

Your writer may not support that size of disc.

skidzy 23:30 18 Feb 07

Have you tried with a normal 700MB cd-r,is this recognised correctly ?

jack 08:40 20 Feb 07

The built in voice recod program in Windows only allow for a 1 minute recording-it is in effect a 'see what can be done' demo

I wonder if this is the same with your attempt to recrd/burn through Media player. you get a 10 minute demo
I assume you are on XP
Have you tried to burn the disk using XP's built in Cd recorder- Simply drag the files to the CD icon and follow the promps
Or download one of the many freebies out there such a CDBurner XP Pro

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now