Non Genuine Printer cartridges

benton 19:15 13 Mar 08

I have a Epson Stylus photo 340 printer to which I have fitted compatible ink cartridges but the printer wont accept them. The message comes up on screen"Non Genuine cartridges installed. The use of other products may affect print quality resulting in printer damage".Proceed YES or NO. I click OK proceed
and a box comes up"Replace appropriate ink cartridges" and it just goes into a loop, stopping me from printing. I have had Epson printers previously but never had trouble using Compatibles. Is there any way to disable this so I can print. At the moment, I'm stuck.
Benton

Totally-braindead 19:34 13 Mar 08

Are you sure they are fitted correctly? Might be worth taking them out and refitting them.

Could the cartridges be faulty? It can happen.

Have you used compatibles with this printer before as I am wondering if Epson have done something to stop compatibles being used?

Technotiger 19:50 13 Mar 08

I alternate between Genuine Epson and Compatible cartridges - been doing so for years, so far no problems. Always have Epson printers, current one is R360, previously had R300, R265, etc. Also have CX3200 and always use compat's in that.

No changes by Epson as far as I know.

martjc 19:57 13 Mar 08

...dont know about Epson 340, but some epson drivers have the option to check for compatibles. See if you can switch this option off. If you can, the check won't be done and you'll be ok.

TopCat® 20:01 13 Mar 08

For the first time on my Canon Pixma iP4300 I recently changed one original cartridge with a compatible one. I got a similar message to benton and the printer wouldn't continue. I found the problem was with the tiny chip I'd removed from the original cartridge and placed on the compatible. It needed just a wipe with a soft tissue and fitting back carefully again. The printer then worked fine, except I still get the "ink is out" box pop up each time I use it. It disappears after printing finishes! TC.

jack 20:11 13 Mar 08

If you have some original empty cars around the place
Swap the chips/
It is also useful to invest in a 'ZapIt' chip zeroing device

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009