Non Existent Removable Drives in My Computer

guy3744 16 Apr 11

I have been copying data from old IDE drives across to my new PC using an IDE - USB caddy. However, each time I connect a drive it creates a new drive letter in My Computer so I now have drive F: G: H: I: J: which do not exist and are not connected... How can I get rid of these drive letter associations? CHeers,

woodchip 16 Apr 11

You sure you do not have a Card Reader on that PC

Graphicool1 16 Apr 11

You could try this... Control Panel Administrative Tools Computer Management Disk Management Right click on the Drive letter/s Click Change Letter In the Menu one of your options should be to Remove.

Graphicool1 16 Apr 11

Sorry, still trying to get used to how to do things on the new PCA format.

You could try this...

Control Panel

Administrative Tools

Computer Management

Disk Management

Right click on the Drive letter/s

Click Change Letter

In the Menu one of your options should be to Remove.

lotvic 16 Apr 11

But as Woodchip says, make sure you do not have a Cards Reader installed. You do not want to remove its drive letters

guy3744 20 Apr 11

Thanks, thats exactly what it is but they didn;t sow until I started using the USB on the card reader panel... Cheers,

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message