Non existent directory

Mac101 10:47 29 Jun 04

I have a directory which contains nothing and takes up no space but I can't delete the damn thing from the computer. I can copy it but not move it as I get a message saying the path dosen't exist. i can also rename it but it just refuses to go. It isn't doing any harm but it is just irritating having it lurking (or, I suppose, not really lurking) there. I'm running Win2K + SP4 with all the usual firewalls and anti-virus stuff.
Anybody got any ideas?

jpark2 11:03 29 Jun 04

Right click on it and have a look at it's properties, that might give you a clue.

Bob The Nob© 11:04 29 Jun 04

Have you repaired reinstalled? I had a Prob with win 95 and win 2k with this prob, all I did was runscan disc to try and get it sorted, it worked with 95. 2k I just wipped windows the put 2k back on.

Mac101 11:15 29 Jun 04

Thanks for speedy responses.
Yes I have reinstalled - same problem. Scandisc doesn't touch it, nor does anything on Norton or Ontrack SystemSuite
Properties just tells me it is a File Folder size 0kb

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…