non existent attachments on e-mail

Snadds 07:49 17 Aug 06

Can anyone tell me why on outlook express most of my incoming e-mail shows that there is an attachment ( the paper clip ) when in fact there is no attachment at all. Have I got some incorrect settings?

johnnyrocker 08:53 17 Aug 06

check in security settings and untick 'do not allow attachments' etc

johnny.

Snadds 09:34 17 Aug 06

thanks for the response johnny I`ve checked the settings as you suggest and that box is clear
John

johnnyrocker 09:37 17 Aug 06

maybe the problem is the senders end?

johnny.

jolorna 10:42 17 Aug 06

if its only a small file its showing the antivirus scanner outgoing details which you will see at the bottom of the email

Simsy 10:55 17 Aug 06

click here

Regards

Simsy

Bagsey 11:31 17 Aug 06

Are you using AVG anti virus?? If so then it is a common thing to happen if you are also using fancy fonts.If you want to get rid of this false attachment use plain text.

Belatucadrus 14:17 17 Aug 06

AVG, Comodo and possibly some others can add a verification text to e-mail confirming it's clear on transmission or receipt. Though it shows in the body of the mail as a text addendum, it also shows up as an attachement.

Snadds 22:11 17 Aug 06

Thanks Simsy and to you other guys who responded. You have answered the problem and provided the solution.
Snadds

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…