Non-copy file format.

gengiscant 18:34 05 Jul 10

Although I have not been told officially or the reason why is there such a file format that cannot be copied in any way.

I am trying to get all my medical records including any computer and video files concerning treatment for a medical condition.
My local health trust have so far put any and every obstacle in my path, but with persistence and a threat of legal action, I have so far got most of my paper records. I am trying to get copies of three of Video-Fluoroscopy files,(swallowing a barium like substance whilst being x-rayed,I go back a couple of weeks later and review the video with the doctor) as I have said I am being led to believe that it is impossible to make copies of these files. Are there such files? as yet I have no idea what format these files are stored in. But anyone heard or know of such a file format.

daureluc 19:18 05 Jul 10

I don't believe there is anything such as non-copy file format.

To view what format your files are, simply right click on your file, then select property, and under the tab "general" you will see the file extension.

Things that can prevent you from copying files:

-you are not the owner of the file for your system. To change this: once again click right and select property but this time go under security tab and allow yourself to be the owner and make any modification to the file

-the extension is not recognized by your computer, you sometimes need extra program to run on your PC so the specific extension is recognized. if it's not recognized... Well how can you PC copy it

Hope this help

For more help don't hesitate to contact me

Daureluc

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:20 05 Jul 10

A file is just a collection of data made of "bits" (0s-1s) and can be copied.

file formats are a way of arranging those bits and to tell which program to use to "unscramble" the data.

Encryption is just using another program to scramble the data in a different way so the original program can not set the data in the correct order for use.

There is no such thing as an un-copiable file only and unusable file.

gengiscant 07:27 06 Jul 10

'daureluc' I don't think you have fully read my post, I am being told the file cannot be copied, not that I cannot copy it.

'Fruit Bat /\0/\' I agree with what you say,I believe it is just another obstacle being put in my way. They seem to think that I am computer illiterate and that I will accept what I am told and stop being an ungrateful patient.
I have still to be told officially and I have an appointment on Thursday to review my last Video- flouroscopy so I will try to find out what file format the video is stored in.

gengiscant 07:31 06 Jul 10

If as I am told these videos cannot be copied,how did these get here?click here

jakimo 13:35 11 Sep 10

fluoroscopic images are normally recorded on videotape or other recording media, so it should be possible to make a copy

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos