Nominet.uk

pj123 17:49 01 Apr 05

I received a letter today 01/04/2005 allegedly from Nominet.uk called Confirmation of Registration. The letter was dated 11th March 2005.

Some of the contents.

Dear Registrant,

Internet domain Name: xxxxxxxx.co.uk
Registered through: xxxxxxxxxx Services Ltd.

this letter is confirmation from Nominet UK, the registry for .uk domain names, that the domain name shown above is registered for two years from 18 December 2004. Please check and confirm your registration details using our Registrants Online service. etc.....

It is important that the contact details we hold for you are up to date and that your name is correctly recorded as the registrant, otherwise you may lose the domain name. etc....

Please follow these instructions:

Peel back the patch below to reveal your security code. You may find that placing a piece of white paper behind the panel makes if easier to read the security code. Visit our website xxxxx
Click on the link Start Registrants Online. Enter your domain name and your security code in the boxes provided.

Once you have entered the system you will be given further instructions online.

Blah, blah etc...

It is signed Lesley Cowley, Chief Executive.

Is this "pukka" as Jamie would say or is it another scam?

octal 18:07 01 Apr 05

Yes, my web site is registered through Nominet.uk. When you go through and register you can download your certificate.

If you've got any doubt, their telephone numbers are listed on the letter, give them a call.

pj123 18:17 01 Apr 05

octal, Thanks but I have 4 other websites registered with nominet but I have never received a letter like this before. As it said it is registered for 2 years from 18 December 2004, which means 17 December 2006 before it needs to be renewed. Why do I need to confirm it??? I already have a certificate issued when it was first registered.

octal 18:19 01 Apr 05

Gize them a buzz?

octal 18:19 01 Apr 05

Sorry, give them a buzz?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…