Nokia N95 help please

Bike-it 20:41 08 Jan 09

I had a Nokia N95 mobile phone which I thought I lost before Christmas on a night out with work mates, as I had insurance on the phone I made a claimed for a new phone and vodaphone supplied me with it immediately.
So I returned to work yesterday for the first time since the night out and one of the lads I was with presented me with the phone. (They thought this was a laugh)
The phone will not work as Vodaphone seem to have locked or blocked it from being used so it there anything I can do so the phone can be used again? are there any on-line places that will fix this or will installing a complete new operating system work?
It does not have to be locked to Vodaphone.

Technotiger 20:45 08 Jan 09

As Vodaphone have played fair with you, I think that you should do the same with Vodaphone - ie, let them know that you now have your original phone back. Ask them what you should do! They might surprise you and say thankyou!

Bike-it 20:58 08 Jan 09

I did inform Vodaphone that the phone was now found, but the guy in the shop informed me that as I made a claim from the insurance company they were no longer interested in the phone.

birdface 21:06 08 Jan 09

Well if they don't want it back try it with another sim card.

Bike-it 21:09 08 Jan 09

Tried another sim card but no joy.

Technotiger 23:19 08 Jan 09

Cannot the guy in the shop unlock it for you, or at least advise you of the best thing to do?

djbenny 10:30 09 Jan 09

if its been blocked it wont be able to be used in the uk, because they block it using the imei number to stop people from using your phone if it was lost or stolen.

Bike-it 18:51 09 Jan 09

Can you get a new IMEI number from a shop that fixes mobile phones?

johnpr 20:46 09 Jan 09

It's called insurance FRAUD and it's ILLEGAL

Forum Editor 18:11 12 Jan 09

The old phone is now technically the property of the insurance company, and any attempt to use it again would constitute a fraud. I'm afraid we can't help you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…