Noisy PC changed fan and power supply

debsym 16:15 30 Aug 09

Hi

My PC is driving me mad. It is buzzing almost constantly. I have changed the CPU fan and the power supply yet I am still getting a loud buzz off it. Does anyone know what it might be?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:23 30 Aug 09

Vibration from hard drives is another possibility

debsym 16:29 30 Aug 09

How do I check that out? Is there anything I can do to make it quieter?

rdave13 16:32 30 Aug 09

Could it be a case fan or graphics card fan?

debsym 16:33 30 Aug 09

sorry I missed the link the finst time I read your reply I will check it out.
Thanks

debsym 16:53 30 Aug 09

I think you are right about the graphics card fan. I have had a look and the sound does seem to be coming from that area. I will check out replacing one.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:57 30 Aug 09
  GaT7 17:03 30 Aug 09

It could also be a noisy northbridge (NB) fan. But if your motherboard has a passive NB fan, then it's probably the graphics card fan as rdave13 suggests. What's your graphics card make & model please?

What's the make & model number of your motherboard? Use SIW click here (standalone version) if you don't know. Run the program & look under Hardware > Motherboard. G

debsym 10:04 31 Aug 09

Thanks for your help it turned out to be the fan on the grahics card. I have cleaned it and used some sewing machine oil on it and it is much better. I think I can live with the remaining sound it makes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…