noisy cd player

rosie 09:06 16 Jul 05

I have a fairly new pc running Windows XP Home. It's fitted with a CD player: NEC DVD RW standard CD Rom drive. When I play music it makes a lot more noise than my previous drive. Is there anything I can do to minimise this?

Graham ® 09:10 16 Jul 05

Is the noise from the speakers or the player?

rosie 09:19 16 Jul 05

It's from the player. I have a new flat screen monitor with the speakers fitted in. I previously used twin speakers on the desk top.

Graham ® 09:29 16 Jul 05

My fault, I wasn't clear! Can you hear the noise from the machine, the noise of the disk spinning? Or is it coming from the speakers with the music?

rosie 09:33 16 Jul 05

As soon as I press *Play* the whirring sound begins the same moment the music begins playing. It's like the sound of a fan. Before I consult the technician who fitted this I wondered if a)it's due mainly to vibration, and b)if any vibration could be solved by standing the tower housing it on 'softer' material. It's standing on a hard surface at present.

Graham ® 14:37 16 Jul 05

Get the tech to investigate. Although some noise is inevitable with the high disk speeds, it should not be obvious above the music. Could be it is faulty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…