noisy brand new mesh elite and no mouse

bbmf474 17:25 09 Apr 05

I have just purchase a new mesh elite M build to order and althoughit wotks fine it is exremely noisy. I dont think anything is amiss, its just the fans.
Though one of the side holes I can see there is a tube which goes to a fan as a vent.
Is there anything I can do without falling foul of the warranty to keep the noise down?
I have cordless logitech keyboard and mouse. The keyboard is fine but no mouse. I have tied the connct button a few times no reponse.
any ideas?
thanks
bbmf

octal 17:41 09 Apr 05

My daughter received one from Mesh Friday and it is quite noisy I suppose, but I think its about the same as my HP which has 3 fans whirring away. I think it might the price you have to pay for these higher speed processors these days.

Dorsai 17:57 09 Apr 05

There are quiet fans avaliable. But as you say Bbmf474, taking out the fitted ones and repalceing then may well invalidate your warranty.

From my experisnace the cheap (and noisy) fans dont last too well to start with, so I would suggest you live with it till the warranty has run out, then invest in some quiet ones.

There is also the option of replacing small heatsinks with small, high speed fans (that are noisy) with large, if not oversized, heatsinks that require no fan at all. I have no fan on my northbridge, nor my GFX card, just very big heat sinks, and big case fan, to keep the air blowing over the h/sinks. I have 3 fans, 1 cpu, 1 case, and 1 in the CPU.

The case fan is temp controlled, so as the case temp increases the fan increases in speed, to keep it cool. Advantage is that if it's not hot, the fan is slow and queit.

bbmf474 18:16 09 Apr 05

thanks for your help
sounds like I am stuck with it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…