Noises from A Drive

Dazwm 19:24 19 Aug 03

I recently saved some documents to a floppy but now whenever I do something like open a web page or any saved documents a noise comes from the A Drive as if I am trying to use it for something. I have shutdown and restarted but it still happens.

Dazwm 20:19 19 Aug 03

Sorry, I meant to say can anyone help me as to what this could be.

xania 21:00 19 Aug 03

You can stop the noise quite quickly by leaving a floppy in the drive. Then you will find the normal explorer window will open pointing to the a:\ drive. Shift the pointer to somewhere else and open a document or program or something. Once explorer then closes, it should then remember the other drive not a:\ next time

Dazwm 18:06 20 Aug 03

Thanks Xania I have tried what you said but it is still happening and it is getting quite annoying now! Any other ideas from anyone please?

plankton 18:48 20 Aug 03

Are you sure the noise is from the a: drive??

wiznyme 19:22 20 Aug 03

A couple of suggestions

Delete the contents of your recent documents folder, if that doesn't work re-install the floppy drive drivers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…