Noise at startup

JACC 19:40 24 Mar 05

I have a noise when i startup my pc , it starts as soon as i start the pc and sounds like a whirring whoosh that pulses and eventually stops altogether . Sorry i can't descirbe the noise better but i'm worried that it might be a failing hdd or something like that . I'm hoping that it's only a dirty fan , the noise seems to be something spinning or turning and the only things that spin or turn are the hdd and fans , correct? Any help , as usual gratefully received .

john-232317 20:52 24 Mar 05

At a guess ( no info on machine ) it might be the videocard controlling the fans until everything has loaded then settled down.
I get similar on mine.

Starfox 20:55 24 Mar 05

Doubt that it is your hard drive,they tend to start by clicking,then knocking,then bang.:0)

It's most likely a fan,any way you can remove the side panel/casing to investigate.How old is the pc,could the fan/s be covered in dust or fluff?

As for things spinning,your cd/dvd/whatever will spin if you have left a disc in the drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…