NOF9 FTP Setup, Help

Cyberdog 16:51 27 Jan 06

Hi,
I have just upgraded to NOFv9, and have come across a problem setting up the FTP.
In the setup it asks for the “directory” (no problem) then it asks for the “repository”.
Does anyone know what this is. By the way I use 1&1 for my web hosting.
Thanks

mco 18:35 27 Jan 06

I'm looking at NOF9 publish settings (where I set up my ftp) and it doesn't mention repository. I did a search on it and it's something to do with versioning - where are you setting up your ftp?Have you transferred a site over from an earlier version of NOF? I did that too but don't recall dealing with any repository!

Cyberdog 19:18 27 Jan 06

I have sorted it. I already have a site uploaded, and I was trying to connect to enable me to download it to NOF. But it would seem that I am unable to do this. Also thinking about it I made it in Dreamweaver, so it would probably not work anyway.
Thanks

mco 19:40 27 Jan 06

I thought you could download a site and edit it in NOF (in fact I'm sure I did that with a site I made with another program) But it downloaded so 'differently' that I couldn't be bothered editing it and decided to start from scratch anyway

ade.h 20:41 27 Jan 06

In NOF 7 onwards, you can import a site - via the file menu - from a URL or a local save. It is not very good at keeping formatting and layout, because it has to translate it into the DTP layout style, which is the opposite of what happens when you publish from NOF.

When I recently had to retrieve a site from a server, I used Smart FTP, as suggested by the FE and extracted the assets and text that I wanted to keep.

The program that was originally used does not matter for most types of site; html is html, basically.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac