NOF8 - How do I create a banner?

ade.h 18:28 30 Jul 05

I'm trying to add a banner to each page in my site, but I can't work out how it's done. I have read through the relevant section of the pdf guide, which says:

1.In Page view, go to the page on which you want to place the banner.

2.Choose the Banner tool from the Navigation flyout of the Standard toolbar.

3.Drag a box in the MasterBorder or Layout area where you want to place the banner.

A new horizontal or vertical banner appears in the current SiteStyle.

That's easier said than done, it seems. I don't know what part 2 refers to; as far as I can see, there is no flyout (whatever that is anyway) on the toolbar. I have looked through all the toolbar functions and can find no banner tool.

I'm really stuck on this, so any help is much appreciated. It may be obvious and I may just be having a stoopid day....

Pesala 21:11 31 Jul 05

click here

A flyout is an expanding toolbar icon. They all have a little triangle on the bottom right corner. I assume NOF 8 is not much different to my NOF 7 in which the banner flyout is the 10th icon on the toolbar.

Click and hold the icon to get the flyout, then drag to the third icon to get the banner tool. A lot of programs condense tools in this way to save screen space. If you hover your mouse over an icon, you will also get a tooltip.

ade.h 21:45 31 Jul 05

You know your way around NOF much better than I do! I had no idea that the toolbar buttons had to be held down for a moment to get more options. The arrows look like they should behave like the arrows in MS Office apps and I thought it was weird when they didn't.

Thanks very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…