NOF and publishing a revised site - ......

Diemmess 14:00 19 Aug 06

Thanks to the help received here, I have adopted some of the ideas recommended and am ready to publish a revised site on the domain.

In the past I have always used a site name which was the same as the "Profile" name in the "Publish settings" dialogue.

It has dawned on me that the "Profile Name" relates to the domain and not the source file?

Another way, the source or site file (.nod) could be called "Mickey" as long as its contents and publishing destination are set up correctly.

Am I correct, or on the brink of doing something really silly?

ade.h 14:05 19 Aug 06

Yep, you're correct.

This is where test servers (fully-featured freespace in my case) come in handy. Failing that, you can publish to a sub-folder that you have created, but perhaps we shouldn't get into sub-folders, based on past experience! ;-)

Suffice to say you can publish a NOF site absolutely anywhere and to any sub-folder and it will function normally: NOF's dynamic publishing does the hard work.

Diemmess 14:30 19 Aug 06

Thanks Ade

Do I remember correctly - The Shetland Regt. to the rescue again!

D

ade.h 14:33 19 Aug 06

That's right! LOL. Although I have just got back from a really hammering training session (road bike) so it's more like the Old Nag's brigade now!

Diemmess 18:53 19 Aug 06

Ade,
If you are a Shetlander does that mean you breed ponies, knit woolies, and are called a Kelpie? Or have I now upset everyone in the far North and West?

ade.h 20:22 19 Aug 06

I have no idea! I have never been north of Manchester! In fact, I live one county away from you to the south east.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced