NOF Nav Menu and banner gone

steve263000 10:05 19 Mar 06

I was trying to do some work on my site, and added a new page. That did not work , and then a message came to say that a unexpected object had been found. Then the Banner and Nav menu have gone from the whole site. What the heck has happened and how can I get them back without a complete rebuild?

barryoneoff.co.uk 11:51 19 Mar 06

you haven't just accidentally streched the Master Border off the edge of the screen?

From personal experience I know this happens sometimes. Something simple like pasting a table from somewhere else. It only has to be a single pixel out, and it can shoot your MB's containing banners etc, thousands of pixels to the right or bottom.

steve263000 11:54 19 Mar 06

Thank for that, I will have a look. However, I am re-doing the whole thing at the moment trying a different way of doing it.

steve263000 12:13 19 Mar 06

After trying to re-build, I was inserting a photo which was very large. I resized it to fit, and then after that a message came up as follows. ' Damaged objects have been found in the layout and have been deleted'. After that the master border moved away, and I pulled it back. And now the whole site has been deleted. What is going on?

barryoneoff.co.uk 16:17 19 Mar 06

starting from scratch again, don't do it by re-doing the old site. Whatever is wrong will stay there.

Start a new one (call it site2 or something). Also, try to do any image resizing before you load them into NOF. Only use the inbuilt image editor in emergency. It creates too many unnecessary bits of code within the HTML.

A last thought just occured to me. Did you search for any updates when you installed NOF?

steve263000 14:06 20 Mar 06

As far as I can remember, the answer is no. However I am now moving back to FP with my new site, as after a quick couple of pages the upload was fine, and the 'address' problem,(see my other post) was cured. I will need to take more time over it, and it not what I wanted, but needs must when the devil drives. I will let you know how I get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…