NOF, MX

holligan 12:40 24 Oct 03

When i do a new site i get different page title ie home . contact .etc
but sometimes the same content on all pages.

Forum Editor 13:43 24 Oct 03

a 'new site' do you mean totally new, from scratch, or are you opening your previously saved site?

Content can only appear on all pages if it's placed inside what NOF calls a 'master border' - a navigation bar area for instance. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, in which case please explain in a little more detail.

holligan 14:11 24 Oct 03

not to put on web yet,just pratcing so i dont forget.cheers but they all are the same just took pics of 1 and now they are of all the pages i will have to again.i was ok the other day now i must have pressed something

Taran 14:51 24 Oct 03

Can you describe in step by step detail what it is you are doing and what it appearing on your newly created site ?

Make sure you aren't selecting File New, From Template or File, New, From Existing Web Site..

You need to select File, New, Blank site or File, New, Using Site Wizard.

The only elements on the page when you make a new site will be the navigation and site graphics of the default web theme. There should be no page text and no page images other than backgrounds and banners included in the site style.

T

GroupFC 15:42 24 Oct 03

I've been and got NOFmx, and I am presently working through the tutorial give me a week or two and I should be up to speed - LOL!!

I must say I like it so far, but there is a lot to learn, so I'm sorry but I can't help you (yet!).

holligan 16:30 24 Oct 03

if i do a home page with pic and text then i do
say contact with pic and text. then i press to preview.it comes up with the same page with pic and text on both of them.iam just praticing.will my site be on web all the time evan if my comp breaks down or i delete a pic or something my mistake.ive got the bug now group fc.it does your head in hahah do 1 site then see something else to put in. then see something else its never ending.then change style it looks better then change to a better one.ive never spent so much time at a desk.infact ive never been at a dask at all cheers fc

barryoneoff.co.uk 15:13 25 Oct 03

whatever you put in them will appear on every page. You can add new master borders for different sections of a site to save you doing the same thing over again (like menus etc.)

Make sure your masters are not covering the whole of the page. You have slders at the top and sides to narrow them down.

holligan 12:49 26 Oct 03

i use sliders to make page a bit longer to fit pic in.so should i just keep to the size it comes up on in the first place.Also i lose the bottom nav buttons on the pages. only keep on the first page.(home)(etc)i go all the down but dont find them.cheers off for another go at it.

holligan 13:12 26 Oct 03

mad boy said put "click here"target="_blank"
i did and it come up just as that no link or out just like above.i was trying to link in a diffrent page. i pressed preview after i did it.

barryoneoff.co.uk 15:30 26 Oct 03

holligan, when you move the sliders to make the page bigger, which one are you using?
If you only use the one on the right, you are expanding the master border. Move the next one in as well, to extend the layout area.
This may explain it better:

You have a slider top left and a slider top right. Inside these sliders are another two, about an inch or so from the outside edges of the page. Anything you put in these narrow bands will appear on every page.

To make something appear on one page only, you must make sure it is between these master borders, in the 'Layout area'.

To expand the layout area, dont use the slider on the very far right. Use the second one in from the right, otherwise you are just making the master border wider.

It's a bit hard to explain, but if you still don't understand send me an email and I will try to send you a better explanation.

holligan 22:53 26 Oct 03

I did have it right for 5 pages then.I lost it somehow. I had to leave it or my kids would have no comp left and i would be putting in a new window haha just read in a mag "marc thinks hes smarter then you .just cos he can publish a 15 page web site in in a afternoon without any experience well i say marc is smarter then me a lot bloody smarter!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…